Dear members of UF Uppsala,
Here follows an update due to the new Covid-19 (Corona) virus. UF Uppsala follows the development closely and will base our decisions on the advice and guidelines of Uppsala University and the Public Health Agency of Sweden (Folkhälsomyndigheten). The association takes the safety of our members and event-participants seriously and has therefore already taken measures. Listed below are the responses of UF Uppsala:
UF Model United Nations
- This year’s MUN has been cancelled due to the new guidelines of Uppsala University.
- All participants will have their participation fees paid back. More information will be sent to the participants via e-mail.
- UF Uppsala has together with its partner organisations decided to postpone Career Day until the fall due to the uncertainties caused by the virus.
- Lectures will be held as usual as long as the university does not in any way regulate their own lectures. We have been in contact with the security unit at the university that confirm that our lectures are not to be viewed as national conferences as detailed in the university recommendations regarding corona (https://mp.uu.se/en/web/nyheter/-/uppdatering-om-coronaviruset).
- The lectures will, as often as possible, take place in large venues to ensure that it is possible for participants to choose to sit close or far away from the other participants.
As of now, NO OTHER of the association’s activities are affected and will continue as planned, although this is subject to change depending on the development of the virus or if the guidelines by Uppsala University, the Public Health Agency or another actor we cooperate with, like student nations, changes.
Apart from these responses we strongly encourage you to follow the guidelines of the Public Health Agency found on this link: https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/smittskydd-beredskap/utbrott/aktuella-utbrott/covid-19/skydda-dig-och-andra/. In short:
- Stay home when being sick
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, hand sanitizers are also effective
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your arm
- Do not attend ANY of UF Uppsala’s events if you have been to any if the high-risk areas within the last 14 days.
This is the current response with the current available information and it might therefore change as the situation develops. We will post updates on our website and on Facebook. If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible