Dear members of UF Uppsala,
Here follows an update of the situation for our activities due to the coronavirus. As previously stated, we at UF Uppsala base all our decisions on the advice and guidelines of Uppsala University and the public authorities. Yesterday, after stricter guidelines from the government, Uppsala University made the decision to shift all teaching from in-person to digital. With this new information, the board of UF Uppsala has decided to implement stricter measures as well, as listed below:
Affected events as of 2020-03-13:
- Career Day has been postponed until the fall.
- UF Model United Nations has been cancelled.
Newly affected events as of 2020-03-18:
- Next week’s lectures are cancelled.
- We however still want to encourage international debate and will therefore when possible still organise lectures, but without a live-audience. These lectures will instead be recorded and uploaded to Youtube, as well as live-streamed.
- The annual UF Gasque has been cancelled and all participants will receive a full refund. The details for this will be conveyed in an email in the coming days.
- We will ensure that it is possible to participate in the planning of our activities and internal operations via digital solutions.
UF Uppsala strives to continue to stay relevant, also during these difficult times. We will continue to broadcast episodes of Radio UF and publish articles in Uttryck. If you have any tips or suggestions on what you would like the association to do or focus on , please let us know. If you furthermore have any questions, please send them to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay safe, follow the recommendations of the authorities and help your friends, relatives and others to overcome this situation. The Swedish Red Cross is looking for volunteers to help those in need, this is a good way to help if you have the possibility. More info on the link below: https://www.survio.com/survey/d/insatser-uppsala-corona?fbclid=IwAR2agVsFEGprhUcY3oF_Yo4I4AuiaJP5HnG5vyt1mN0BXKuD24AqHSY0Nd0
More information on the coronavirus can be found on the links below: